RAINIER HILLTOP RESIDENCE
Rainier Hilltop Residence
In Thurston County, WA, on a hilltop in rural Rainier, this custom residential design features a domed, earthen roof and is based on sacred geometric proportions.
Home Design Features:
- ICF (Insulated Concrete Form) construction
- Daylighting strategies
- Reclaimed hardwood floors
- Quality built for longevity with a safe-space basement
- Indoor-Outdoor connections to nature
- Floor plan based on sacred geometry patterns
As often happens, the design process becomes a teacher and guide. In this case, the owners discovered they did not want to invest in building and living on this land. Their lives went in a whole different direction. They bought additional land with existing structures that they could live in and open a private school on the same property.